To apply for the Foundation Year you’ll need to fill out a form and tell us a bit about yourself, as well as spending some time with us which we will pre arrange with you.
What is the application process for the Foundation Year?
1. Complete the Foundation Year application form.
2. Submit the Application, including the short video (which is explained in the application form), and three letters of recommendation (i.e. from a teacher, parish priest or youth leader as well as one from a friend or a member of your family but not a parent) to "Foundation Year Application" at:
3. You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application. At that time, we will set up a skype interview with you.
4. You will then be invited to attend the Ark for a weekend. You will experience first hand the life of Sion Community. You will also have the opportunity to talk with those on the Foundation Year, as well as the rest of Sion Community. We will get in touch in regards to when you can visit once we have received your application.
5. We would like to receive applications by the end of May 2020. However, we will continue to accept applications as long as we have places available.